Sunday, September 09, 2007

While I think of something clever to say...

Between kickball, meetings, fantasy football drafts, an impromptu trip to Six Flags, Labor Day car races and myriad other things, it's been a busy week for me.

And today, football begins for real.

All of which is to say, sorry for not posting anything recently. I promise at least something fun or substantive this week, but until then, a quick anecdote.

I went to the 15th anniversary celebration of the Rouse Scholars program at Howard Community College on Thursday night. While there, I stumbled upon my class (Rouse III) "yearbook" from 1997. It was full of funny (embarassing) pictures and quotes from the class, including a section on where we each thought we'd be in 10 years.

My response -- written from the perspective of a wannabe rock star -- was: "I'll be married, with three kids, two cars, a house in suburbia and working a 9 to 5 job. And I'll also be a strong supporter of the Republican Party."

I'm still not sure what to make of the fact that I've become the target of my 90s-era irony, even if it's not entirely right. I don't, after all, have a 9 to 5 job.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back! Keep blogging! I have you bookmarked and I get depressed during the long silences...

alison said...

I think I would have to disown you if you ever became a strong supporter of the Republican Party.

Anonymous said...

If you start complaining about Ken Ulman's resume, we know the final piece of the puzzle is in place.

Anonymous said...

actually, interestingly, you've described your father at about the right age ...