Monday, November 06, 2006

Antsy pants...

Resolution: it's almost here.

In a little more than 27 hours, we should start seeing returns from races around the state. I'm still not sure where I'll be when the returns start rolling in, but I can guarantee that I won't be far from a computer. Check back starting around 8:30 pm tomorrow for a less-than-deferential treatment of the Election Night Follies.

Between now and then, however, it's little more than a waiting game. And since I'm not a good "waiter," I'm trying to occupy my time tonight with as much mindless activity as possible.

First, an earlyish showing of the new Borat movie. I hope it doesn't suffer from inflated expectations, but even if it does, I'll at least have made it through a couple hours without thinking about politics, which is the goal. And, because I like contests, go watch the "Driving Instructor" clip on this page and see if you can guess where in Columbia it was filmed. I can't pinpoint the location of neighborhood scenes, but I'm pretty sure I know which main road they're driving on. Background on the clip here.

After the movie, we'll come home to watch episode 46 of The Wire. Unlike several others, I thought episode 45 was really good. The feeling of exhaustion it induced, I think, was intentional. Plus, it set the table for a dramatic rise in action during the second half of the season. But that's just me.

Finally, I'll probably stew late into the night until the nervous energy subsides, alternately switching back and forth between a crummy Monday Night Football game and Comedy Central.

No comments: