Sunday, October 16, 2005

Interesting...

At the bottom of this article, Sun reporter Larry Carson gets some real responses from potential candidates for various offices.

After more than a week of study, Democratic Del. Frank S. Turner has decided not to run for county executive, he said.

Melissa Berger, a county teacher and activist who had begun campaigning for a House of Delegates seat in District 13, has changed her plans, too, she said, now that Guzzone has declared he will run in that race.

"There's three people in my district I did not want to go up against, and he was one of them," she said. "I will be running for something," she added.

So, Turner's out of the race for executive, meaning he'll probably run again for his House of Delegates seat. Berger, on the other hand, doesn't want to mess with Guzzone and declares she'll be running for something. But what? Since she's state District 13, chances are she lives in County Council District 3. Perhaps she has eyes on Guzzone's old seat. She wouldn't be the only one.

Of course, this is all speculation, but there might be a primary for the District 3 council race, which would surely make things interesting (and give me lots to write about).

As much as I try to not write about campaigns before they even start, I just can't help myself. I'll stop now.

No comments: