Thursday, August 24, 2006

About that poll...

The poll at right will be closing on Sunday. So get your votes in now.

Interestingly, my plea for more Democrats seems to have backfired, as the gap between them and Republicans has only widened. Which raises the question: what do Republicans get out of a blog written a tree-hugging, granola-eating, peace-loving, tax-and-spend liberal? If the answer is something along the lines of "to see what the opposition is saying," then why read Republican-written blogs?

Most of the blogs and opinion pieces I read are by conservatives; I tend to learn more from them than I do from liberal writers, and on top of that, I don't really understand the impulse to seek continued affirmation of one's beliefs, which seems to be the case in much of the blogosphere.

No comments: