Monday, May 14, 2007

700!

This is the 700th post on this blog.

The challenge before me, I guess, is to reach 756 posts before Barry Bonds hits his 756th home run, an event I am actually looking forward to.

I love baseball as much as the next curmudgeon/right-wing pundit (deep down I love it more than football -- just don't tell Ray Lewis), but I refuse to get exorcised about Bonds and steroids or to bloviate about the "sanctity of the game" or some such nonsense.

Bonds may be a jerk. He may have used steroids which may or may not have been against the rules at the time. Whatever.

He's just doing what we ask of him: hit baseballs.

For an eminently sane take on performance enhancers in sports, Chuck Klosterman pretty much nails it (PDF).

That's all I'm going to say about that. See below.

Anyway, 700! Woo-hoo!

1 comment:

wordbones said...

Happy 700th!
-wb