Thursday, May 11, 2006

Thursday Round Up...

No comments on anything in this week’s Flier. Nothing against the old rag, which is slowly decomposing in a puddle on my driveway; I just haven’t had a chance to read it yet. Sure, I could read it online, but since it’s the only actual paper that’s delivered to my house, it’s kind of fun – in an old-timey sort of way – to turn the pages and wade through the ads. Not this week, I guess. That’s just as well – it’ll give me something to do tomorrow during lunch.

Let’s round up some news, shall we?

Many is the time I link to stories with little or no comment. This – a profile of Patty Rouse – is one of those stories, and it is definitely worth your time. In fact, if reading for you is a zero sum game, stop reading my drivel and click the link. (I promise, you’re not missing much here.)

I read about my old neighbor in the paper today. I’m glad to see he’s doing well – started his own business, actually – even if he didn’t like my dog.

They got a wall at Merriweather. To keep in the teenagers they made it strong. As you probably know, the HFStival at Merriweather will be a pretty big concert, so big, in fact, that the grounds have been expanded to accommodate an additional 8,000 people. The venue just won approval to serve alcohol on its temporarily expanded grounds, though future use of the additional land will depend on how the kids behave at this first show. Said Columbia Association board member Barbara Russell, “A lot will depend on how this first concert goes.” Let’s just hope the outcome of this “trial concert” is not predetermined.

Speaking of Merriweather, a fantastic new show has just been added. Because I don’t want to steal IMP’s thunder, I won’t say who it is, but if you know where to look, you can find out pretty easily. Or you can try to decipher some of the (rudimentary) clues I’ve left in this post.

YEEHAW!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice! Where you get this guestbook? I want the same script.. Awesome content. thankyou.
»